Friday, April 30, 2010

Quick Thoughts

I've had some kind of weird stomach virus for two weeks now and it has really put me behind the eight ball.  I overslept this morning and had to scramble to catch up when I finally made it to the office.  Now that I've settled in I was looking at Memeorandum and a few things caught my eye:

Three-year-old boy arrested as suspected terrorist in France

Aren't they all little terrorists at that age?  The stories that I could tell about my son, Jason, when he was young and don't even get me started on my granddaughter Olivia.  Turns out, it was the three year old's father who was the suspected terrorist, but that wouldn't have been a catchy headline.

Mack (R) compares Ariz. law to Nazi Germany

I think that people making the "Nazi" comparison need to read the law and when they are finished, read a little history.  This is total foolishness and only serves to belittle the dumbasses making the comparison.  While we are at it, why is Marco Rubio's position continually being misrepresented on this?  He said he had some concerns about certain provisions but supported the bill as a whole.  My favorite line from his reaction:


Throughout American history and throughout this administration we have seen that when government is given an inch it takes a mile
It is hard to argue with that.

I'm sure I'll have more on the turncoat, Charlie Crist, later but for now, Jimmie Bise put it best:
And so the World’s Tallest Oompa-Loompa has decided that he doesn’t want to actually run in a competetive primary where Florida Republicans, who he has been wooing with all the fervor of a drugged sloth, could bruise his fragile ego with a resounding defeat. He’s going maverick and will take his beating as an independent (via memeorandum). Of course, he won’t be giving back all the millions of dollars Republican donors gave him when Crist was the darling of the NRSC because, though he may hold Republican voters in contempt, he loves their money.
Jimmie, I am so stealing the World’s Tallest Oompa-Loompa tag!
Enough for now.  Looking at the computer screen causes very unpleasant side effects. 
.

No comments: