Saturday, January 8, 2011

Incredible sadness

I am watching the news of Rep. Giffords' shooting at my parent's home.  I temporarily moved in with Mom and Dad earlier this week after Dad took a turn for the worse and the three of us are sitting here stunned.  My prayers go out to the families of those people injured and killed.

Even before all the details have been released a quick look at the various threads on Memeorandum show that the Left has wasted no time to rev up their hate machine.   We have no information on the 22 year old man accused in the shootings or what his motives might have been but the Left has never been fact based group. 

I am a person who occasionally lets her mouth get way out ahead of her brain.  When it happens I typically end up looking like a complete ass.  I would caution those who would use this tragedy for their own political purposes to take a deep breath and concentrate their thoughts in a more positive manner.

More from Michelle Malkin

Stacy is updating continuously

Doug Ross has the shooter's ramblings  Sad, nonsensical and he sounds like someone who has been "round the bend" for quite some time.

Pundette:

We're praying for all the victims of the mass shooting today in Tucson. I don't suppose it's possible to wait 24 or 48 hours for the dust to settle and the facts to emerge before we start playing the political blame game, assigning the shooter to the left or the right, and so on? This is a profound tragedy for everyone involved. It seems wrong to politicize it even as some of the victims are fighting for their lives. How about a grace period out of respect for the families?
Amen.

Spot on quote:

First, it is sad to see folks immediately politicize such a tragedy. If your first response to such an event is to think of Sarah Palin, something is wrong.

2 comments:

Quite Rightly said...

This is indeed a sad event. I have just heard that Congresswoman Gifford is expected to pull through--I hope she can have a full recovery. I haven't heard anything about the rest of the people who were shot. All around a terrible event that should not be used as a political toy.

Carol said...

You couldn't be more right. Rep. Giffords, thankfully, seems to be doing as well as possible. I pray for the parents of the nine year old little girl who has died.

I can't figure the shooter out. His ramblings make no sense to me. In any case, one could pick and choose among the crazy things he has written and make a case that Loughner is from the far Left or the far Right or from far out of space. Nobody should be using this obviously mentally ill young man's actions to score political points.