Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Carrie Prejean Fired

Via Memorandum

Fox News is reporting that Carrie Prejean has lost the Miss California crown. K2 Productions cited continued breach of contract as the reason behind the firing.

"This was a business decision, based solely on contract violations," Keith Lewis, executive director of K2 Productions, said in the documents. "After our press conference in New York we had hoped we would be able to forge a better working relationship. However, since that time it has become abundantly clear that Carrie has no desire to fulfill her obligations under our contract and work together.”

A series of emails between Ms. Prejean and Mr. Lewis were released showing that the relationship had continued to sour after the now famous press conference:

From: "Keith Lewis"Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:10:25 -0700To: Subject: RE: Messages
Carrie,
Although I do not agree with your directive nor is this letter an indication of our intent to waive our contract rights, we do not want to escalate the situation with you. In good faith, we will simply ask that you provide us all of the details so that we can block it in on our master calendar. We would also want to get the contact information should something come up - like you become missing after the event or you are in an accident before the event and need us to reach out for you. It is for your safety and our responsibility.
Best regards
,
Ken Lewis

From: cprejeanXXXXSent: Friday, May 29, 2009 7:57 AMTo: Keith LewisSubject: Re: Messages
You do not cooperate with me, and you pick and chose the the things YOU want me to do. That is not happening anymore. Stop speaking for me. I have MY own voice. What are u gonna do fire me for volunteering for the special olympics hahaha ur crazy No I am doing this appearance. You do not need details. Its for the SPECIAL OLYMPICS!!! You just need to know I will be doing it alright
You will not facilitate this appearance

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: "Keith Lewis"Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:01:35 -0700To: Subject: RE: Messages
Carrie,
As we have discussed, there is proper protocol and we have not waived our rights in any way to your contract. I am happy to try and facilitate the request. Please forward over the information along with the proper contact and we will try and confirm the appearance right away.
Best regards,
Keith Lewis

From: cprejeanXXXXSent: Friday, May 29, 2009 7:40 AMTo: Keith LewisSubject: Re: Messages
I expect you to be forwarding me ALL email requests and interview requests to me. I know how you are and its not right if you are selecting things for me. Thanks for your cooperation And fyi I am a presenter of medals at the special olympics in a few weeks for the summer games. So now u know I am doing this and I expect your full support. Also I was asked to fill in for a dj on a local radio show.. Ill be reading from a show biz script monday. I am doing this
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

The emails indicate that K2 was trying to work with Prejean and that she wasn’t co-operating. Granted, the relationship got off on an extremely rocky start but Prejean did have a contract and an obligation to work with K2 to the best of her ability. The emails seem to indicate that Prejean was trying to dictate to K2 and it is the rare employer who will allow an employee get away with that type of behavior for long.

Allahpundit’s take at Hot Air: Said Trump to TMZ, “To me she was the sweetest thing. Everyone else — she treated like s**t.” Exit question one: Is the bloom off the rose? Doesn’t mean she can’t or won’t have her right to dissent on gay marriage defended, but the image of sweet, unassuming Carrie is, I dare say, shattered. Exit question two: Interesting how it was Fox News that dished the dirt on this when it was the Foxies who chased her down for guest-hosting duties. Was the info selectively leaked to FNC to enhance the embarrassment for her? Or did she alienate people there too and this is a measure of revenge?

No comments: