Monday, June 15, 2009

David Letterman Gives Sincerity A Go

Hot Air reports that David Letterman is once agin offering an apology for his tasteless and disgusting remarks about Sarah Palin and her fourteen year old daughter Willow. Allahpundit asks:

Does this mean the “Fire Letterman” protest tomorrow is canceled? Aw. While you ponder, here’s a related clip from today’s Cavuto reminding us once again that Fred Thompson is the luckiest man in the world. Exit question: What really motivated Letterman to do this? Sincere remorse? A cynical play for more ratings? Or the simple fact that he was starting to lose sponsors over it?

If I were to guess I would choose B and C. I doubt that remorse plays a major factor in Letterman’s life; he simply doesn’t strike me as being that self aware. On the other hand, as a rapidly aging ‘comedian’ I am sure he is very aware of his downward drift in the ratings and I would bet his bosses care about the loss of sponsorship. I’m just not buying his “aw shucks, I didn’t mean anything by it” routine. Letterman thought he was being funny and that’s just sad.

The transcript of apology is back at the Hot Air link, but first enjoy the video.




UPDATE: I have it on good authority, Robert Stacy McCain no less, that David Letterman has done pissed off the wrong lesbian. Cynthia Yockey has Letterman in her sights and she’s not quitting till the job is done. Good for you, Cynthia! I just read the post and you can bet I’m going to do my best to stay on Cynthia’s good side.

No comments: