Tuesday, March 23, 2010

HOLY CRAP! Updated

Excuse the caps, but HOLY CRAP!  Obama didn't sign the Executive Order  he negotiated with Bart Stupak on abortion.  Major Garrett:

President Obama signed the Senate health care bill into law Tuesday. He did not sign the executive order on abortion negotiated with Michigan Democratic Congressman Bart Stupak in an 11th-hour arrangement that may well have saved the entire health care reform effort.

A White House official told Fox, Obama will not sign the Executive Order Tuesday and has set no specific date to do so. Stupak predicted Obama would sign the order later this week. The White House said only that Obama would sign the order "soon."
Wow.  Bend over, Bart, you and hundreds of thousands of unborn babies have been screwed. 

I assume the big question is what the Hell does this mean?  Has Obama caved to pressure from the hairy legged women at NOW and NARAL?  Is he trying to show Stupak who's the boss?  Is he just too darn busy to keep his word?    And most important, how darn puny is Stupak feeling right now?

I'm not often dumbfounded but right now I can't figure out who is the bigger jerk-Obama or Stupak.  Yeah,  I can.  Stupak sold his honor cheap.  Obama had no honor to sell.
More at:
 
Memeorandum
 
Potluck
 
Michelle Malkin
 
Hot Air

Update:

Dan Riehl:

Your Executive Order's In The Mail, Stupak, You Idiot

I guess there are so many total morons in the pro-abortion lobby, the WH needs more time to carefully explain to each one that it's all just wink, wink, nudge, nudge BS, anyway, so they shouldn't give Obama any grief over it.
La Arrogant One is justing jerking Stupak around.  He's pissed that Stupak didn't know his place and he is giving him a friendly reminder.

3 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

He'll sign it, Carol. He just didn't want to upset his radical leftie base by doing it on his day of "victory." The EO is total crap, signed or not, so he'll do it. Quietly and on the DL.

Carol said...

I'm sure you are right. However, after Stupak betrayed the pro-life movement it is kind of fun to see him screwed over. Even if Obama signs it today, Stupak knows that the EO exists on the President's whim.

Dave C said...

White House Intercom: Bart Stupek to see you sir. Again.

Barack Obama: [mumbles under breath] Not again [Out loud] Sure, send him in.

Bart: Mr. President, sir. I don't mean to bother you again but it's about that Executive Order you promised.

Barack: That's right, I did promise that.
[awkward pause]
Bart: Aaaand I couldn't help but notice that there's some paper on your desk with the official letterhead on it.

Barack: Yes, it is. But you see, Bart. I am fresh out of pens. It's not a real EO without my signature on it. I used up my supply of them last Tuesday at the signing ceremony.

Bart: But I brought a pen with me. Right here in my pock--

Barack: But it's not a official Presidential pen, is it? It's a Respect For the Integrity Of The Office sort of thing.

Bart: Really?

Barack: Let me be perfectly clear. Yes it is.

Bart: Do you have any more pens ordered?

Barack: It's the Oval Office. We have to have pens here to operate. They are ordered and are on their way.

Bart: [Sounding dejected] Okay. Will you let me know whey then get it?

Barack: Why don't I do this? I'll send Rahm by your office the moment they arrive.

Bart: Uhh, on second thought. I'll wait. You still remember your pinky promise to me about it, right?

Barack: Absolutely. You don't trifle with something like that.