Friday, November 5, 2010

I've been blessed

Last year, on the day before Thanksgiving, my father's doctor told me that I should let my family members know that if they wanted to say goodbye to Dad that they should come right away.  So we gathered, as families do on Thanksgiving.  Dad fooled the doctors again.  This year we will gather for Thanksgiving but it won't be at the hospital.  But first we have another very special day to celebrate.

On November 5, 1950, Don Everhart married Sally Cole.  For sixty years they have made their lives together.  On February 9, 1958 they returned from the United Methodist Children's Home with their new daughter.  I don't know why I was the child chosen that day, but I know that I have been blessed by their choice ever since. 
Thank you, Mom and Dad and congratulations on your special day. 

1 comment:

Quite Rightly said...

Wonderful. Congratulations to all.