Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mom knows best-again

I’ve mentioned before that my Mom has a tendency towards, um, plain speaking. She often hits the nail smack on the head and this morning she did it again:

“That lady out in Alaska wins and what is the first thing she does? She shows her ass.”

That’s my Mom! Typically her pronouncements are followed by “Am I wrong?” I double dare anyone to tell her that she is.

Mom is rarely wrong and in the case of Lisa Murkowski she couldn’t be more right. Cubachi’s Jennifer writing at Riehl World View:

Murkowski: "It's time they met one Republican woman who won't quit on Alaska"

Lisa Murkowski is now re-elected to office to be the thorn on our side in Washington.

Instead of being a gracious winner, she is giving us a preview of things to come from this "independent."

She trashed Sarah Palin, the tea party, and the establishment GOP, because she claims to be an "outsider." You have to be kidding me.
Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Murkowski comes from the “classless” wing of the Republican Party. Not coincidently it is also the “entitlement” wing of the party. Murkowski believes that she is entitled to be Senator and she is going to trash talk about anyone who disagrees. Ditto for Cornyn, who believes he is entitled to choose who is, and is not, suitable to run for the US Senate. Since the election, which was fabulously successful for Republicans, the classless/entitlement wing of the Republican Party has been showing its ass.

Ms. Murkowski has six years to endear herself to the voters. She wouldn’t have lost her primary had they believed that she was all that and a bag of Cheetos. Cornyn is not so lucky. In election time 2012 is day after tomorrow. If Cornyn wants my support for the NRSC he is going to have to show me, and a lot of people like me, that he learned the lessons of 2010. I am willing to let bygones be bygones. Unfortunately, the more Cornyn runs his mouth the more apparent it becomes that he is unteachable.

I have a suggestion for the entitlement wing of the party: shut up. As Mom would say, “try showing some class instead of your ass.”

No comments: