Saturday, January 2, 2010

The End of the World is Nigh!

From Troglopundit:

Will that be in the morning? Or in the afternoon?

Biblical scholar’s date for rapture: May 21, 2011

Harold Camping lets out a hearty chuckle when he considers the people who believe the world will end in 2012.

…Camping, 88, has scrutinized the Bible for almost 70 years and says he has developed a mathematical system to interpret prophecies hidden within the Good Book. One night a few years ago, Camping, a civil engineer by trade, crunched the numbers and was stunned at what he’d found: The world will end May 21, 2011.

I might find this a little more disturbing if he hadn’t made the same prediction about Sept. 6, 1994.
Sorry, I'm sticking with 12/21/12. Somehow the end of the world coinciding with my daughter's birthday just makes sense to me.

All due seriousness aside, who cares? Those who believe in life after death are prepared for the last day whenever it occurs and those who don't aren't going to prepare for something that they don't believe in. So, eh.

1 comment:

Bob Belvedere said...

My Godchild/Niece will be turning 33 on 12/21/2012 -- the same age as Jesus when he was crucified.

Is my Godchild/Niece the Antichrist [she was, literally, a holy terror when I babysat her]?

And if so, what should I do?

Yours...
Bob 'St. Michael' Belvedere