Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So, where will we go when we need health care? Updated

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams who decided to have the heart surgery he needed in Florida rather than his native Canada. Mark Steyn wrote this today:

If I were minded to make a health care TV ad, I'd rustle up the Premier of Newfoundland's interview on NTV last night. Justifying his decision to eschew the pleasures of the monopoly government health care system he presides over for heart surgery in a Florida hospital, Danny Williams told his fellow Newfs:

It's my health, it's my choice.
As Scaramouche points out, there's your slogan.

By the way, the Canadian state does not accept that proposition, which is why, if a Canadian such as Mr Williams wishes to exercise his choice he is obliged to leave the country
Now that Canadian style health care is coming to the States where will we go for care we can't receive or can't receive in a timely basis? I for one will not go to Cuba. I don't care how glorious Michael Moore makes it sound.

Cross posted at Potluck

Update:

Here's a useful link from the comments at Potluck:

Obama Health Care: Doctors Will “Tweet” Patients

No comments: