Saturday, October 30, 2010

Meek senior aide: “Crist is losing his marbles”

Well, yeah. No sane person would call one of his political opponents at 4:45 a.m.:

"Governor Crist called me at quarter to 5:00 a.m. Monday morning. I'm just not up and at'em at quarter to 5:00 a.m. to talk politics," Meek told Greta Van Susteren in an interview Friday night.". "I think he's a very desperate campaigner. He sees that he doesn't have the momentum."

Later in the day on Monday, Crist and Meek, appeared at the same campaign event in Hollywood, Fl. At the meeting- among local Jewish leaders of the pro-Israel lobbying group, AIPAC, or the American Israel Public Affairs Committee- Crist personally lobbied Meek to leave the 3-way race, and offered him a cross that Crist had received from his family as a gift, The Wall Street Journal first reported.

" I was shocked when he did it," Meek told the newspaper, " I told him to keep the cross and that I carry my Christianity in my heart."
Re-gifting? Tacky, Charlie.

The latest Rasmussen Poll shows that Rubio’s lead over Crist and Meek is growing. A week ago Rubio led Crist 43% to 32% with Meek coming in at 20%. Rubio now picks up 50% of the vote while Crist and Meek come in at 30% and 16% respectively. Certainly if Meek dropped out it would help Crist but even if every single Meek supporter voted for Crist it would not be enough to put Crist over the top. Rubio has not just garnered the support of bitter-clingers like myself but also he has support among independents and moderates. I can’t figure out who comprises that 30% who support Crist but I suspect that “substance” and “consistency” are not important traits to them.

I had an interesting conversation yesterday in my “morning meeting” which isn’t really a meeting but an informal gathering of co-workers in the morning before work to shoot the breeze. The topic of Charlie Crist came up. More specifically, the subject of what Crist will be doing after he gets his ass handed to him on Tuesday. I said that he’ll be divorced within six months. After all, without a career in politics Charlie will be free to pursue all his inner urges. My co-workers think that Charlie still has a future in politics. What do you think?


2 comments:

Mobius1 said...

Reallistically, first he'll be provided a czar position to be closer to his POTUS, thumbing his nose much the way Rahm did. But the 112th Congress with the newly elected Republican leadership will strip away those positions and he'll be left to scurry like the rat that he is to grab a stay-a-float position, like skin cancer spokesman for O-scare. After that? Who knows? Maybe get busted for selling "cash for clunkers" left overs with rolled back odometers.

Carol said...

He could be O's Skin Cancer Czar! I bet his personal testimony would be fascinating. Heh.