Sunday, July 26, 2009

People Who Destroy Children Are Not "Heros"

When news of Dr. George Tiller’s murder broke I tried to be respectful. Respectful to our laws and respectful to his family. On Memeorandum there is a link to An Abortion Battle, Fought To The Death that speaks of Dr. Tiller not only respectfully but reverentially and darn near heroically.


Is this the direction we want to go as a country? Do we want to lift up, admire, hero-worship the very people who condemn our most vulnerable citizens to death?

I admire and respect a woman I’ve never met. She carried me for nine months and then put natural selfishness aside to insure that I would be raised in a happy family. I respect and admire my friends Angela and Luis, Lydia and Joe and Gov. Sarah Palin and her husband Todd, who when they received the test results recognized the value of their child’s life. I respect and admire the doctors and staff at Brandon Regional Hospital and St. Joseph’s Hospital who worked so tirelessly to save my grandson, Justin, and my friend’s Mike and Annie, son James. Justin and James are physically away, but the love they inspired is always near.



We have so many heroes in our country but Dr. Tiller is not among them.

No comments: