Thursday, July 9, 2009

Steny Hoyer, Do You think Something's Funny?

Think about this for a moment: Tomorrow you go in to work and the man who signs your paycheck tells you he has some questions about your job performance. The boss starts questioning some of your decisions and how you arrived at decisions and you respond by laughing in his face. In fact, you seize the moment to go all Good As Gold by saying, “I don’t know” (obscure reference but well worth it). You don’t know how you arrived at your point and you don’t care. There may, or may not, have been some research done but you didn’t read it and quite frankly, you think it is laughable that the person who pays you expects just a little it more.

Welcome to the unemployment line, UNLESS, you are a member of Congress. In the little people’s World, we are held accountable by our bosses. We give a day's work for a day's pay and a whole HELL of a lot more. But in CongressLand, the workers (congressmen) expect, no demand, that the people who hired them (taxpayers) accept their shoddy work. They believe we should smile subserviently and say, “Thank you sir, may I have another?”

PARENTLY WARNING! Mom and Dad, stop reading NOW! (my parents occasionally come by) Bull flipping shit! Puppies, I put you in your job and I can take you out. I am accountable for the job I do and it is high time you are too. I expect my Congressman to know what they write, read what they write and be able to coherently stand up for what the write. I don’t want to hear excuses about “staffers” because I didn’t hire any staffers, you did, and YOU are the only person who is accountable to ME.

While we’re on the subject, wipe that grin off your face and stop laughing. Ain’t nothing funny here, and if there is, trust me, I’ll be laughing last.

No comments: