Monday, November 30, 2009

Years from now, our children's children will still be making fun of Robert Gibbs

No truer words were ever spoken:

The consensus is that Climategate is real. You're a denier, Robert Gibbs. The silence is not settled.
Every time I listen to Gibbs I think of those immortal words, "whadda Maroon!"

Ruby Slippers has our esteemed (snark!) Energy Czar, Carol Browning's statement on Climategate:

"I'm sticking with the 2,500 scientists. These people have been studying this issue for a very long time and agree this problem is real," said Ms. Browner, who President Obama has tapped as his chief of policy on global warming.
Well alrighty then. Who is in denial now?

Actually as scams go, the whole Climate Change thing wouldn't be so bad had it not been tried before. Fool me once and all that. But I've gotta tell you, once a scam is busted it really works best to just sheepishly move along. The current batch of grifters don't seem inclined to move to their next mark.

I get that Global Warming has proven particularly lucrative for some people but honestly, there really is one born every minute. Surely these charletans can stumble across another hoax that will allow them to go all Pinky and the Brain with the world domination thing.

In the mean time it would be really sweet if they would let the rest of us mere mortals go about our business unfettered by carbon taxes and the rest. And if possible, pretty please, make the next new religion a little less fascist.

3 comments:

Larry Sheldon said...

Regarding Gibbs--What was Bagdad Bob's lat name?

Has anybody seen the two "Bob"s in the same room at the same time?

Carol said...

Now don't be snarky, Larry, that is my job. Besides, would you really want both Bobs in the same room at the same time? No, I thought not.

Larry Sheldon said...

I wonder what happened to Bagdad Bob--his last show may be the last time I watched CNN.

Actually, I can go without either one in the room at the same time, although the Iraqi seems the brighter of the two.