Tuesday, September 21, 2010

They say obstruction, I say conviction

Major Garrett brings new of interesting poll results:

Nearly half of America -- including nearly two-thirds of Republicans and 53 percent of independents -- admires political leaders who refuse to compromise. This is further evidence that the current political atmosphere is not merely contentious, but hostile to any hope of negotiated settlements to the many political and policy differences that define the current landscape.
Count me among the two-thirds.  I vote for candidates who represent my values.  Once elected I expect officials to continue to represent my values.  I don't send people to DC to buckle.  Why should I?  Further, why would anyone willingly compromise their principals? 

According to the poll only 39% of Democrats admire politicians who stick to their guns.  I assume the other 61 percent don't believe that anything is worth taking a stand for.  Doesn't speak well of our friends on the Left but it certainly does explain a lot, doesn't it?

No comments: