Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Deep Drawn Out Sigh

Why is it that every time the Obama administration announces another "feel good" program I get the cramps?   The latest lunacy from the mighty O?  NASA is now charged with improving Muslim self esteem.  Seriously.

NASA administrator Charles Bolden:

"When I became the NASA administrator, [Obama] charged me with three things," NASA head Charles Bolden said in a recent interview with the Middle Eastern news network al-Jazeera. "One, he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering."

So is this what Skippy the Amazing Technicolor Teleprompter told Obama would fly as policy?  If so, O might want to have someone check and see if maybe Russian President Dmitry Medvedev fiddled with Skippy's motherboard while he was in town.  We all know what a wacky sense of humor those Russians have.

Now it is life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness and high esteem?  Geez, could they put Muslim self esteem on the back burner until after, I don't know, say the Consumer Confidence Index rises a bit?  Maybe some people get back work?  I've heard that gainful employment does wonders for self esteem.  With all the problems we have right now why is the administration concerned with Muslim self esteem?

Jules Crittenden:

Some people might see it as a little patronizing, patting the Muslim world on the head and telling it what a good mathematician it used to be 800 years ago. But I dunno, I’m wondering how the Muslim world is going to feel about being treated like an alien planet that we need NASA to get in touch with. Seeing how the Islamic world glommed onto that Avatar thing, I’m not sure encouraging them to view the United States as a visiting space power is such a great idea.
It seems like there are no lengths that the Obama administration won't go to when it comes to sucking up to the Muslim world.  Any day now I expect to see First Lady Wookie Obama dressed in a burka.  On the other hand...

Cross posted at Potluck

No comments: