Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all my spiritual sisters but most of all to my Mom.  Seen here with her great-granddaughter (my granddaughter), Olivia, Mom is still a strong and beautiful woman.

My mom was diagnosed with MS when she was only seventeen years old.  She has never allowed the disease to slow her down. 

When fate didn't allow her and Dad to have a family they made a family, adopting my brother and me.  In every way except biology she is my "real" mother. 

Now that end of my dad's life is near, Mom has kicked in to high gear.  She has always put Dad first but now her life centers on ensuring that Dad is happy is comfortable.  She doesn't dwell on the end but on the nearly sixty years they have shared together. 

My mom is the most selfless person I know.  I am grateful for her every day of my life.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  I am so very proud of you.

No comments: