Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Thinking I Like "Combative"

If you are like me, you probably think the words "honest" and "politician" don't go together.  We've gotten so used to electing oily sweet talkers that we've forgotten that the most important thing that a leader can do is tell us the truth.  Sometimes the truth sucks.  Sometimes the truth "ain't pretty".  So we elect people who take "the truth" and twist it, smooth it out and sometimes, flat out bury it. 

I almost don't know what to make of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.  He is the antithesis of everything I've come accustomed to in a politician.  I like it.  The following video, via Allahpundit, should be used as a training tool for future politicians.  Christie says what he has to say.  There is no hemming, hawing, couching, or sugar coating.  This man is a leader:

Gov Christie calls S-L columnist thin-skinned for inquiring about his 'confrontational tone'



Wouldn't it be great if we more Chris Christies out there being confrontational, combative, blunt and honest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it. Good job in the NJ Gov putting the yellow puppet media in its place.