Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Punched in the Stomach

I've mentioned before that my daughter and grandchildren are in Arizona.  I worry about their safety everyday and when I see reports like this from Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit I feel like I have been punched in the stomach:



The quote that really got me:

FOX News reporter: Would you like to see some of the president’s outrage about the oil spill and some of the butt-kicking that he’s talked about doing applied there on the border as well?

Sheriff Paul Babeu: Even with that, you say one thing and then you’re out at a fundraiser in California and you don’t go to the funeral of the people who died in the explosion. You know its one thing to say something slick on television in a ten second soundbite but we need action. And, it’s shameful that we as the most powerful nation on earth can win wars and liberate countries throughout history yet we can’t even secure our own border.
My parents have told me how much they worried about my safety when I lived in Turkey, but that was a foreign country.  My safety was never really in question back then but my daughter's safety and the safety of my grandchildren is in question and they are living in this country.  That is wrong.

No comments: