Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oliver and Jennifer Call it Quits

Boy, did I just show my age or what?  For the younger among us, Oliver and Jennifer were the fated couple in Erich Segal's Love Story.  Al Gore once claimed that the characters were based on him and Tipper, which is one way of saying that Tipper was beneath the Gore family standards.  But in any case, the Gore's have announced that after forty years of marriage they are going their separate ways.  I am not one of those people that believes a marriage ending is always a bad thing. Last week an acquaintance of mine told me that she was ending her marriage of twenty-seven years.  It was twenty-seven years of Hell for her and my reaction was a hearty "good for you."   Forty years of Al's hot air would have to be a kind of Hell on earth.  Good luck to Tipper.

1 comment:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Funny. I was thinking the same thing, Tipper must be thrilled (you know, mostly).