Friday, October 9, 2009

Doh! I Thought Women Suffered Under Sharia

Well aren't I just a silly goose! I thought being forced to dress in a sack, being subjected to forced marriage, rapes, beatings, genital mutilation and honor killings were detrimental to women. Shows what I know. Probably some outdated belief of women's equality on my part. I know now that the idea of equality for women, in fact for humans overall, is subjective.

Now before you go thinking that this rant is fueled by a massive nicotine fit let me just be clear that I fell off the non-smoking wagon earlier today after the mother of all bad work days, so ha! I hate stupidity and when it comes to stupidity, it is hard if not impossible to find anything stupider than Obama Advisor Claims Most Women Associate Sharia Compliance With Gender Justice. Gender justice? Give me a flipping break! Worse, worst, that claim was made by a woman. From The Daley Gator:

A female appointee with Obama’s ear on matters of faith and society thinks
Sharia is just swell in terms of “gender justice.” All that awkward stuff about
a woman’s testimony not equaling a man’s is apparently a misunderstanding. On a
British TV show, Dalia Mogahed, an appointee to the President’s Council on
Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships made some remarkable statements:

“I think the reason so many women support Sharia is because they have a
very different understanding of sharia than the common perception in Western
media.
“The majority of women around the world associate gender justice, or
justice for women, with sharia compliance. “The portrayal of Sharia has been
oversimplified in many cases.”


Where does Obama find these people and why is Michelle, as an accomplished woman who has benefited greatly from living in a society where a woman can be accomplished, not telling her husband that this crazy Mogahed broad has got to go. To be fair, maybe she is but I be willing to bet otherwise.

One of the things that drives me crazy about groups like Code Pink, Boobs not Bombs, and so on, is that they don't seem to give a rat's ass about the plight of women in the Middle East and refuse to recognize that American soldiers give their lives for the the possibility that women under Islam might someday live under the freedom that women in American take for granted.

There are women in this word who suffer greatly and die because of Sharia law. To have a woman dismiss this suffering and the facts that define the evilness of Sharia is beyond the pale. Obama, has the father of two daughters, should fire her immediately.

No comments: