Sunday, October 18, 2009

I've Got the Cold Weather Blues

I am on the couch with one blanket wrapped around me and two more over my lap and legs. Tomorrow my co-workers will make fun of me for wearing my parka to work. They'll call me Nanook and laugh and laugh. In case you haven't guessed, I hate cold weather and I define cold as anything below 80 degrees. Right now it is 61 degrees, frigid. This is Florida and the average high temp for October is 84 degrees. In fact, the average low is 67 degrees, which was the high today. Where's the global warming? Apparently, it has been on hiatus for the last ten years.

I assume that is why we no longer call it "global warming," instead, we now have "climate change." "Climate change" is kind of like "heads I win, tails you lose." or as William Teach puts it:
In other words, you skeptics need to shut the h*ll up, and understand that
when temps are flat or go down, it is nature, and when they go up, it’s because
you drove your family to the beach in your SUV, you b*stard!

You can't win the climate change argument because the True Believers simply adapt the facts to match their scenario. It could snow in Miami in July and Al Gore would break out in a hearty "I told you so!"

Honestly, there have always been crackpots so I lean towards allowing the True Believers to enjoy their insanity unimpeded, except that they are very close to making their craziness my problem. Cap and Trade effects me so sitting on the sidelines isn't an option.

We should be back to normal temps by Thursday. I guess that is why they say that if you don't like the weather, just wait. It will change.

No comments: