Friday, October 2, 2009

Letterman is a Schmuck. Who Knew?

Via Doug Ross:

It turns out that Letterman is just as big a jerk in private as he is on the air. Yawn. I'm not excusing Letterman's behavior or making light of it. I simply am not surprised that a creepy person would engage in creepy behavior. So color me in the Ace camp:

Eh. Blackmailers suck.

On the other hand, so does Letterman.

Best Letterman post? Jim Treacher's Top Ten Reasons to Accept That Job Offer from David Letterman. No. 1 is funny.

My vote for No. 1 is shared by William A. Jacobson at Legal Insurrection:

How about a top ten list of reasons why David Letterman is a sanctimonious
phony?

UPDATE: Turns out the person extorting Letterman was the show's producer.
Also turns out that Letterman was sleeping with "several"
staffers. Why is Letterman different than, say, the usual run of Republican and
Democratic politicians who have had affairs? Because Letterman built his career
and keeps his name in the news by mocking people, mostly people who do not agree
with his liberal politics, such as Sarah Palin. In his monologue last night (one
of the few times I have watched him in the past decade), he again devoted
substantial time to going after Palin. While I have no sympathy for an
extortionist, and the person should be prosecuted, I have just as little
sympathy for Letterman.

Added: A top ten list, from Jim Treacher: Top Ten Reasons to Accept
That Job Offer from David Letterman
. My favorite: "After the sex, he lets
you keep the Palin wig."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David Letterman is a schmuck