Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Doctor Is In: Dr. Garofalo Shoots Off Her Mouth, Again

Via Memeorandum:

Garofalo has described herself thus: "I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth."

That would be Janeane Garofalo, self described expert on the limbic brain. An apt translation to the above statement would be, "I am a God denying, conservative hating, miserable bitch. I wallow in self imposed bile and my life sucks. ergo, everyone around must suffer as well."

Janeane's favorite words are "tea baggers" and "racists". She recently provided a window in to her soul when she referred to conservative protesters as "functionally retarded adults..." One assumes she flunked Charm School.

Another pearl of wisdom: She goes on to explain that whenever a protester says "I want my country back" what "they're really saying is, ‘I want my white guy back.'..."

Of course, no discussion of Dr. Garofalo would be complete without her astute medical observations:

"This is neuroscience," Garofalo continued. "This is not politics, this is neuroscience. It is purely limbic brain activity - this emotion over being angry that there's a black guy in office, with the people showing up armed to the health care meetings - to whatever, the town halls. But it's just, and these tea baggers. It makes me soul sick."

I don't doubt that Garofalo's soul is sick but I would argue that her illness wasn't caused by her fellow Americans excercising their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and assembly. While Garofalo blasts conservatives for: "...the last eight years of habeas corpus being suspended, the Constitution being [expletive] on, illegal surveillance...", what is her take on the current occupant of the White House continuing those policies. Or is it okay with Garofalo now that her guy is in charge?

Has Garofalo ever said a positive or useful thing in her public life or is she nothing more than a depressing and depressed crap flinger? Anymore she is just tedious.

No comments: