Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is Everything Political Now?





Here we have Miss USA judge extraordinaire, Perez Hilton, who asked Miss California, Carrie Prejean, for her opinion on gay marriage. The last thing I want to do is get in to Mr. Perez's head, but if I had to guess why he would ask that particular question of a Miss USA contestant I would say that he had a political motive. I believe he mistakenly thought that Ms. PreJean would answer favoring gay marriage. Had she stated that she supported gay marriage it would have shown, in Mr. Perez's thinking, just how Mom and apple pie the issue has become. But she didn't. She stated that she believes that marriage is between a man and a woman.


In the world according to NOW, women fall in to two categories: those who adhere to their liberal master's agenda or bitches who must be vilified by any means (see Sarah Palin). Hilton Perez wasted no time before he posited that Prejean is a "dumb bitch." Also weighing in were a string of Hollywood A-listers such as Shannon Oakler and Heidi Montag (yeah, I'm not sure who they are either). But the most interesting was a comment quoted from Michelle Malkin's site:

Instead of apologizing for pageant judge Perez Hilton's vile behavior, the pageant director of the Miss California contest, Keith Lewis, sent a note to Hilton throwing Prejean under the bus: "I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss CA USA 2009 believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman. . . . Religious beliefs have no place in politics in the Miss CA family."


"Religious beliefs have no place in politics in the Miss CA family." I haven't watched the pageant in years so help me out. When did politics earn a place in Miss USA?


h/t The Other McCain

Update: I'm told that Ms. Oakler's name is Moakler. I still don't know who she is but apparently she either is or isn't married to Travis Barker, who I also am not familiar with.


No comments: