Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Past, Present, Future

I have said that I am grateful to President Bush for keeping my country safe and pissed at him for being such a doofus on domestic policy. His legacy, being a hind sight thing, will more likely be judged by my children or grandchildren than by I. But on this “historic” 100th day of President Obama’s reign, let’s first look back, courtesy of Don Surber:

Just for laughs and a possible post, I decided to see how CNN covered the 100th day milestone of President George Walker Bush.
Keating Howard of CNN did a pretty fair job, citing a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll: “Most say he is a strong leader, inspires confidence, keeps his promises, and can get things done. He even gets high marks on the “vision thing” that plagued his father. Some 55 percent say his policies would move the country in the right direction, and 62 percent say they approve of how he is handling his job as president. Vice President Cheney, for the record, gets an almost identical approval rating."

Based on his current performance I’d be willing to bet that Obama’s ratings are significantly lower than Bush’s at the one year mark.

No comments: