Ed Morrissey at Hot Air relates ten things Obama likely won't tell about American health care:
1. Americans have better survival rates than Europeans for
2. Americans have lower cancer mortality rates
3. Americans have better access to treatment for
chronic diseases than patients in other developed countries.
4. Americans have better access to preventive cancer
screening than Canadians.
5. Lower-income Americans are in better health than comparable Canadians.
6. Americans spend less time waiting for care than patients in Canada and the United Kingdom.
7. People in countries with more government control of health
care are highly dissatisfied and believe reform is needed.
8. Americans are more satisfied with the care they receive than Canadians.
9. Americans have better access to important new technologies
such as medical imaging than do patients in Canada or Britain.
10. Americans are responsible for the vast majority of all health care innovations.
In other words, the care we currently receive is often SUPERIOR to the care received under socialized medicine. Hmm, could that be the reason most American report that they are happy with their current care and don't want to change?