Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Coulter's Speech at the University of Ottawa is Cancelled Updated

And may I just say thank goodness the children of the U of O have been spared from the horror of being subjected to speech that is contrary to the prescribed norms of the Northern Wussdom, Canada.  Though I can't help thinking that rather than cancelling Ms. Coulter's appearance at U of O because of threats of violence, the school administrators might have been wiser to sit the bullies in a corner and had them write, "stick and stones might break my bones but words will never hurt me" one hundred times.

Coulter is scheduled to speak at the University of Calgary tomorrow.  We can only hope that the students there are grown up enough to hear controversial words without resorting to hissy fits.

More at Memeorandum

Update:

Ann Coulter:

Since arriving in Canada I've been accused of thought crimes, threatened with criminal prosecution for speeches I hadn't yet given and denounced on the floor of the Parliament (which was nice because that one was on my "bucket list").

Posters advertising my speech have been officially banned, while posters denouncing me are plastered all over the University of Ottawa campus. Elected officials have been prohibited from attending my speeches. Also, the local clothing stores are fresh out of brown shirts.
Well, it's not like it is known as "the land of the free".

No comments: