Saturday, March 27, 2010

May I be Rude?

The Democrats, who elevated "kill Bush" to the highest form of patriotism, are now calling for "civility":

Various members of the DNC — including Chairman Tim Kaine, Executive Director Jen O’Malley Dillon and Communications Director Brad Woodhouse — contacted their respective RNC counterparts this week in hopes of getting RNC Chairman Michael Steele to co-sign a document with Kaine that, in part, called for “elected officials of both parties to set an example of the civility we want to see in our citizenry.”

“We also call on all Americans to respect differences of opinion, to refrain from inappropriate forms of intimidation, to reject violence and vandalism, and to scale back rhetoric that might reasonably be misinterpreted by those prone to such behavior,” read the proposed joint statement...
The call for civility is a odd piece of disconnect coming from the people who had no problem, and in fact encouraged this:


Or as The Daily Gut points out:

-People calling Bush a Nazi
-Students and non students rioting on college campuses
-Animal rights freaks dousing rich folks with paint
-Actors wishing average folks would get rectal cancer
-Bureaucrats labeling military vets as potential violent right wing extremists
-Radical environmentalists advocating violence against loggers
-Pranksters throwing pies at conservative commentators
Bless the RNC, they politely told the DNC to take their "civility statement" and put it where the sun don't shine.

Frankly, I'm in no mood to be lectured on civility by people who have called me a racist and a terrorist.  In fact, I would tell the Democrats that if they wish me to treat them respectfully they could start by earning my respect.  The hate and name calling originated on the left.  The DNC needs to remove the log from its own eye.

In the meantime, they can kiss my lily white over-ample ass.

H/T Instapundit

Image from zombietime

5 comments:

Quite Rightly said...

"We also call on all Americans to respect differences of opinion. . . ."

Belly laugh time.

Since when have "differences of opinion" been allowed?

Oh, right. I've got it now:

The Maoists think I should be coerced and humiliated into abandoning my Constitutional rights, the Marxists think they should use the courts to the same end, and the rest don't care what happens as long as I work myself to death paying for their favorite entitlements.

Of course there's room for "differences of opinion."

Larry Sheldon said...

I have but one objection--I am cursed by a command to do unto others as I would have done unto me.

I have been able to endorse the versions that say "...as was done unto me."

It is sad that it has to be that way.....

Carol said...

Larry, I am a big fan f the Golden Rule. I believe that we can protest the ongoing government insanity without resorting to the ugliness that is common on the Left.

What frosts my skivvies is that no matter what we to do we are labeled racist and worse. Yes, our "mobs" are angry but there is a big difference between angry and violent.

Carol said...

Oy, that should read, "I am a big fan OF the Golden Rule."

Write, edit, enter.

I will never learn.

Larry Sheldon said...

'Sokay--I read typo.

It annoys me too--and I try to wok in mention from time to time.

But it isn't a good use time--either part--being annoyed, or trying to point the unfairness out--they just plain don't care--what ever they do is Pure and Good, what ever we do is evil.

It is that simple.

I think a better use of time is to try to find persuadable people who will help us take their soap-boxes away.