Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Right Way and The Wrong Way

Compare this from Gov. Sarah Palin’s resignation speech:

And so as I thought about this announcement that I wouldn’t run for re-election and what it means for Alaska, I thought about how much fun some governors have as lame ducks… travel around the state, to the Lower 48 (maybe), overseas on international trade – as so many politicians do. And then I thought – that’s what’s wrong – many just accept that lame duck status, hit the road, draw the paycheck, and “milk it”. I’m not putting Alaska through that – I promised efficiencies and effectiveness! That’s not how I am wired. I am not wired to operate under the same old “politics as usual.” I promised that four years ago – and I meant it.

To this:



The chart, from govtrack.us represents Barack Obama’s voting record in the US Senate. Overall, Obama missed one out of four votes during his four years in the Senate. During his last two years in the Senate he missed 46% or almost one out of every two votes. During the fourth quarter of 2007 he missed 89.4% of the Senate votes. In other words, he hit the road, drew his paycheck and milked it. He took the taxpayers money but did not do the job the taxpayers had hired him to do.

Sarah Palin is doing things the right way.

No comments: