Thursday, January 28, 2010

I can't believe he said that

I can't find it anywhere in the transcript of last night's SOTU but I'm sure I heard Obama say, Resistance is futile.  It was right after he said that people are tired of all the partisanship and before he called Republicans obstructionists, the Supreme Court a bunch of right wing know nothings and me and you yahoos. 

The Emperor is tired of the unwashed masses whining, I need a job and I don't want to pay for the economy crushing Cap & Trade.  Nope, it doesn't matter that ObamaCare stinks and Global warming is a sham, the Emperor has spoken and we better by God get in line and do his bidding like good little simpletons.  None of that "leadership" crap for Barack Hussein Obama-he is here to dictate.

Jules Crittenden:

These are extraordinary and trying times, when things that must be done are hard, and too often tragically inherited. I know, I know, you’ve heard that one before. Ha ha ha! (Standing ovation, raucous cheers and laughter.) But seriously, we have just witnessed an extraordinary exercise in presidential oratorical animation that may be without peer or precedent. Can it be said that any American president has ever tried to blame so much on other people, or has been willing to so rapidly abandon his own principles for the betterment of his standing with the people, to seize up the banner against himself in our nation’s time of need, that this nation should not stand against him? For this, the president deserves our unabashed, gaga-eyed astonishment.

Wow, that’s really infectious. That meaningless important-sounding rhetoric thing, I mean.
It sucks when the best thing you can say about your president is that at least he's not John Edwards.

No comments: