Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The magical money tree or "What do I care? I'm not paying for it."



"I was there because I thought it was important for me to be there," Rep. Waxman said. "I didn't look at it as a pleasure trip."

So spake Rep. Waxman, (D) Ferengi, of his trek to Copenhagen where he attended the Climate Change conference courtesy of the taxpayers.  One must assume I suppose that Waxman is unaware that the taxpayers believe that  Climate Change, or whatever fashionable alias the fake and faked science is travelling under these days, is bluntly, a tall pile of crap.  I further assume that Waxman is not illiterate so his lack of knowledge is probably the result of some staffer removing all unpleasant news from his morning paper leaving him with nothing to read but the lingerie ads and dozen or so Letters to the Editor all written by some chick named Ellie Light.

When Pundette asks What would you pay for two days in Copenhagen? she is assuming that the person answering is paying for the trip out of their own pocket. But politicians don't pay out of their own pockets, they pay out of ours.  I take Waxman at his word when he claims he had no idea the two day trip cost $1.1 million dollars.  Why should he care, it wasn't his money.  We still don't know what it cost for Obama and sixty of his closest friends to jet to Copenhagen but a good guess is that it will make the $1.1 million look like chump change.  Sadly, we are the chumps and before the government got hold of it, it was our change.

Enough.

No comments: