Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm going to Oahu!

Don't know how and I don't know when but I just received an email from my daughter that her next move is to Oahu so I'm planning the trip now.  Anybody know how that tip jar thingy works?


She just posted her senior picture on Facebook for Retro Week-whatever that is.  Anywho, it is one of my favorites, feather boa and all.

They have been in Sierra Vista, AZ for the last year and a half.  I kept saying that I needed to plan a trip but I never did it.  This time, I'm going!  Nadia and her family at the Grand Canyon:




I hate the thought of them being so far away but it feels good to know that they are happy and thriving.  Is there anything more important than family?

2 comments:

kc said...

Are they Marines? We were stationed at Kaneohe on Oahu (that's where the P-3 squadrons are located), a Marine base. Loved it. Go, by all means, GO! My mum came for nearly 3 weeks. Polynesian Cultural Center, National Cemetery of the Pacific (Punchbowl), shave ice on the North Shore, Aloha Bowl Flea Market, USS Arizona Memorial, submarine ride at Waikiki, portagee sausage & eggs & rice or spam & eggs & rice at McDonalds, Korean bbq at the Willow Tree in Kailua...mostly we chatted. *sigh*

Carol said...

Andre is a Marine (bronze star recipient w/ valor http://carolyntackettscloset.blogspot.com/2009/05/happy-memorial-day.html) currently on inactive reserve. He is in intellence, something about biometrics but I don't pretend to understand. They are current at the National Center for Intellence at Fort Huachuca at Sierra Vista, AZ. He'll be doing the same thing at Kaneohe.

I'm excited.