Friday, January 15, 2010

It isn't as hard to believe as you might think

Stacy McCain is on the ground in Massachusetts reporting on the Brown campaign and at a rally today he found himself amid Brown supporters from the SEIU.  I'm not the least bit surprised. 

I work for a labor union affiliated credit union.  At countless events I have seen and spoken with union members.  They aren't there as "plants", they are there as concerned citizens who are worried about the direction the country is taking.  Don't get me wrong, I have seen union members acting badly but they are not representative (typically) of the rank and file.

Don't forget that like the rest of us union members were sold a bill of goods about the Stimulus and jobs.  Now they are sitting on the bench and many of them are none too pleased.  I am anxious to see how the Locals handle the 2010 elections.  You know the old saying, fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  It is going to be a lot harder to fool the union members next time around. 

No comments: