Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm starting to think that Amy Bishop may be nuts

First the background from The Boston Globe:

In March, 2002, Bishop walked into an International House of Pancakes in Peabody with her family, asked for a booster seat for one of her children, and learned the last seat had gone to another mother.

Bishop, according to a police report, strode over to the other woman, demanded the seat and launched into a profanity-laced rant.

When the woman would not give the seat up, Bishop punched her in the head, all the while yelling "I am Dr. Amy Bishop."
Now, here comes the money quote:

Bishop received probation and prosecutors recommended that she be sent to anger management classes, though it is unclear from court documents whether a judge ever sent her there.
Oh, I think it's clear.  I'm not sure that it is the correct scientific term, but Bishop appears to be what I would call a "whackadoodle".  First, in 1986 she "accidentally" shot and killed her own brother.  Considering that she fired the gun three times before hitting him, I think it is safe to say that she "accidentally" missed him twice. Now, coming up I walloped my brother more than once but Momma drew the line at spilling blood.  But then, just seven years later she turns up as the prime suspect in the attempted pipe bombing of a Harvard Medical School professor. I don't know much about law enforcement but I am betting that they don't come up with prime suspects by pulling names out of a hat.  Nine years later she punches some poor woman over a booster chair.  What was she doing during the gaps-performing splenectomies on unsedated puppies? 

Law enforcement is supposed to protect and serve not help irresponsible mommies cover up for their psycho kid's criminal misdeeds.  The Bishops seem to have taken a page from the fellow Bostonians, the Kennedys.  At least with Teddy, only one person died.

No comments: