Monday, February 8, 2010

Rep. Mike Pence endorses Marco Rubio

RedState:

The steady drumbeat for Marco Rubio keeps going on and on. Today he is picking up the endorsement of Congressman Mike Pence.

Congressman Pence said, “I am proud to endorse Marco Rubio for the United States Senate. Marco Rubio’s faith in free markets, limited government and traditional moral values make him the right choice for Republicans in this race. At a time when the American people long for leaders of principle, Marco Rubio will be a courageous check and balance on the current Washington establishment.

“With Washington spending money we don’t have and empowering the government at the expense of individual freedom, we need more leaders like Marco Rubio who are willing to take a stand for the common sense and common values of the American people.”
Rubio has gained the trust of Florida's voters because he espouses the values that we need so badly in these truly dark times.  He knows that if this country is going to turn around the first thing we need to do is get government the heck out of our way.  Rubio, unlike so many currently holding office, has a deep faith in the citizens of this country ability to thrive and prosper.  I have had the honor of listening to Rubio speak on three occasions and each time I have been remind of why I love this country and why, even though I am currently disappointed in our elected officials, I am proud of this country.  Yes, I have days when I am deeply frustrated but I believe that through a partnership between the citizens and Rubio and politicians who share his and our values,  we can make it through this difficult period.

Skip over to Babalu, there is a related video that is well worth a view.

Via Memeorandum

No comments: